Our Company Hera Sweaters Limited, a LEED Gold certified sweater factory in Bangladesh, is committed to sustainable production process. We strongly believe in the principles of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” and conservation of the environment.
The world now consumes about 80 billion new pieces of clothing every year. This is 400% more than the amount we consumed just two decades ago. As new clothing comes into our lives, we also discard old clothes at a shocking pace, actually on an average, every person on the planet throws 14 kilograms of textiles into waste every year. However, such wastes are harmful for the environment.
To save our planet, we must commit ourselves to sustainable and environment-conserving products and production processes.
Our commitment to protect the environment is manifested by several initiatives, such as: water recycle and reuse resulting in zero discharge, heat recovery to save energy, and production of electricity through solar panels.
We launched our “Sustainable Sweater Design Contest” in January 2021. Our aim is to acknowledge the talent of emerging designers and encourage them on their way to higher sustainability and responsibility. We hope they will be able to showcase their talent and explore the fashion world through this platform.
This contest will be conducted on an online platform where participants will submit their work virtually and screening process will consist of two rounds-
(a) Preliminary and
The competition rules briefly will be as follows:
1. This competition is OPEN FOR ALL.
2. All entries must be the designer’s original work. No copied or plagiarized designs are acceptable.
3. Each participant is allowed to submit maximum 3 sweater design. The designs must be submitted under these following categories: Men, Women, and/or Children and the design will be based on winter season.
4. From the initial submission, 20 designers will be shortlisted for the final round. 3 winners will be selected in the Final Round. Shortlisted designers will receive a Certificate of Merit, and the Winners will receive an Award.
5. The shortlisted designers will allow their designs to be exhibited in one or more exhibitions during and after the competition.
6. If any design is selected for commercial production by interested buyers, the designer will receive a fee of USD 500 (five hundred only).
7. The designs have to be submitted by 20th January 2021.
Register now on herasweaters.com or Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org